Thursday 26 August 2010

Unpredictable. Changeable. Inconsistent.

"We often realize well after having a negative experience that every cloud really does have a silver lining.  If we could only see it at the time."

"Those stresses arise usually as a result of the unpredictable, changeable, and inconsistent nature of a driver's daily life."

Two lines from my last post.  Man have I been living by those words since I posted them.  Freight refused by receivers, receivers that I have had to sweet talk (or suck up to as some would say) and now a breakdown.  No not a personal breakdown.  A truck breakdown.

At this moment I am sitting on the shoulder of highway #1 just a couple of kilometers east of Grenfell, Saskatchewan searching for the silver lining within this dark cloud.  It's now Thursday at 2 AM in the morning - my time, eastern - and I was headed home for a planned weekend off.  This is part of our trucking life.  My plan was to have switched trailers in Winnipeg and be sleeping somewhere in the neighborhood of Richer, Manitoba.

I guess I can be thankful for the fact that I have no idea what tomorrow will bring.  Unpredictable.  Changeable.  Inconsistent.  You bet!

The only thing I know for sure is that a tow truck is on it's way to pull  me to Moosomin where I can get the truck serviced tomorrow.

I'll be sure to let you know what the silver lining turns out to be just as soon as I find out myself.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment