Tuesday 12 February 2013

Even More on Fatigue

So it turns out my little experiment with taking more frequent and shorter sleep breaks between shorter drive times did not work out as well as I had planned. It works to get you by but using it over a longer period of time only adds to my fatigue, it certainly did not alleviate it.

The last 3 or 4 days have proven to be a refresher course in sleep and fatigue. The point that has been driven home is that there is no substitute for me when it comes to the natural circadian rhythms my body falls into. The bottom line is I need to rest at night and work during the day.

I found myself to be completely worn down when I got home on Monday. It made it easy for me to see how high levels of fatigue add to your daily stress. It made it impossible for me to meet all of my goals for the day. Frustrating when you have been looking forward to that time off at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment