Thursday 2 December 2010

Winter Is Here

I'm already getting tired of wearing my longjohns and it isn't even December yet.  I'm starting to get the feeling it's going to be a long winter, at least across northern Ontario, through Manitoba, and down through the Dakota's & Minnesota.  That's my regular weekly route these day's and I've seen a fair sized slice of winter on my last two trips.
I just arrived in Fargo and I'm sitting at the Flying J.  Dinner is in the microwave, I've got my tail into the wind.  I've holed up here since I heard there was a winter storm watch in effect for the southeast part of the state until tomorrow morning.  Well that along with a couple of eighteen's I passed that were in the ditch just north of the city along with a couple of four wheelers here and there.  Visibility was really starting to suck and I had the feeling it was only going to get worse as I headed south.  No big deal.  I can get out of here early in the morning and make my pick down in South Dakota.  I'll be glad to get the 22 tons of seed into the box tomorrow to hold me down.  I'm just glad I had a tail wind pulling this empty and not a cross wind.
Dinner's ready.  I'm wondering how you get chinese fried rice out of a microwave?  It did taste pretty good though.
Now that I have food in my belly my brain is starting to shut down.  Time to kick back, read for 20 minutes then grab some shut-eye.  Tomorrow morning will probably be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment