Thursday 10 December 2009

Copenhagen

I woke up after too little sleep.  Waking before my alarm is becoming a habit, in fact I rarely bother using an alarm anymore.  There is much on my mind this morning that has me questioning my choice of livelihood.  From issues that are deeply personal to the value of my work to the community as a whole, I am struggling to make sense of the world this morning.  I am overwhelmed by the enormity of the problems that face us on a global scale.  Bombarded with so much information about the world we live in I am left wondering what positive impact I could possibly have.  What can I do as an individual to make a difference?  To make a contribution?  To have a positive effect?  I know I am not alone with these thoughts and feelings.  This is becoming a common thread, a common feeling, as I read others blogs and comments on blogs.

Our leaders are meeting in Copenhagen this week.  I have no confidence that our elected representatives from Canada have my best interests at heart.  They will follow the money.  The short term money.  They seem to have no eye for the reality of the situation.  No understanding of the interdependence we share with all life on this planet.  I don't need a scientific study to tell me when we are getting it wrong.  We can all see it now.  We are all starting to feel it.  It is instinctual.

We are been misled.  It's time to wake up.  It's time to do what is right not just what is comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment