Wednesday 9 December 2009

Breakdown

It's not only the equipment that breaks down out on the road.  I'm suffering from a deep feeling of mental fatigue today.  It builds up inside of you.  A combination of sleep debt and the stress of simply not knowing how your schedule is going to pan out.

I could here the fatigue in Deb's voice tonight when I made my daily call home. We tell one another everything is fine, everything is OK, things will work out as they usually do.  But the negative vibes have a way of humming across the airwaves.  We both know better. Our separation will have stretched out over 30 days on this trip, the result of equipment failure.  The result of breakdown.

We reciprocate:  "I miss you", "I love you",  "Talk to you tomorrow", neither one of us wanting to end the conversation.  Today we were both filled with a deep melancholy.

That mental fatigue has another name:  Loneliness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment