Sunday 30 August 2009

Thunder Bay to Kirkella, Mb. - 08/30/09

I've been off for a few days. I'm always surprised at how tired I feel the first couple of days back out on the road. Takes a little while to get back in the groove. Funny, but it's the same way when I get home off the road. I like to take at least four days because I spend the first couple going around in circles not knowing what to do with myself. All those little things I think about on the road that I want to get done when I get home seem to overwhelm me. That shouldn't be. Those little things are just that, little things. They still get to me though. Life is difficult. I know, I know, don't sweat the small stuff.

Last couple of days have been busy. I left Friday night (08/28) and have to be in Regina tomorrow morning - 2800 km. Been feeling a little melancholy today as it's my daughter's birthday. Although we celebrated together the other day I often feel I'm passing the important things in life as I fly down the road. It's a job hazard, I know. The whole point of been out here is to support the people you care for - that's the financial reality. It's somewhat of a paradox though. How do you support someone when you're not there ninety percent of the time? Life really is difficult. Life is difficult: that's my new mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment