Friday 21 August 2009

Brandon to T-Bay: 08/21/09

Man was I feeling tired today. Thought it might have been the weather in Winnipeg - cold, cloudy and wet again - but I'm sure it was the extra long run I went for earlier in the week when I was in Sicamous. I started running a little over a year ago for fitness, sort of fell of the wagon last winter then took it up with renewed passion in May of this year. Now I'm addicted. I like it. Problem is my brain still feels like a 30 year old but my body let's me know in no uncertain terms when I overdo it. For the most part I've learned to take rest days to recover but with improved fitness comes the feeling of been "bulletproof". That's usually when I get into trouble. (:

Today was very weird weatherwise. Started of sunny in Brandon. Then cloudy, cool and wet in Winnipeg. Then sunny again as soon as I got about 50 km east of the Peg. One of our business partners I was talking to today said he's never seen so much cloud and so little sun. Weird that it always seems to be isolated around Winnipeg. Maybe they will have a warm and dry winter since they have had a wet and cool summer? We can hope. Warm is not a word that comes easily to your lips during the winter in Winnipeg!

No comments:

Post a Comment