Saturday 24 September 2011

#truckerhealth

The title of this post is the hashtag I am using on my twitter feed this week. It's a bit of an experiment in social networking on my part to create some exposure for some of the health issues we face as drivers.

Back in June I became involved in a health and safety transportation group based out of Hamilton. It is a joint venture between McMaster university department of medicine and the city of Hamilton public health department. Our next meeting is on October fourth so I am going to use the next 7 days to tweet and blog about my experience on the road to create a reference log of sorts for other members of the group that do not have experience as commercial drivers.

I am not sure how successful I will be but I'm going to limit my blogs and tweets to the mundane routine of each day. How long a drive for, what I eat, when I exercise, the stresses I face, and so forth.

By providing a snapshot of a week in the life of a commercial driver I am hoping that will help lead to the development of an action plan that will assist others in dealing with the health and lifestyle challenges we face out here on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment