Tuesday 1 February 2011

Winter Sucks......Kinda

I woke to the drone of the engine at five o'clock this morning.  It has been my constant companion on the road over the past few weeks.  A reminder of the bitter cold.  I laid in my sleeper berth just listening, hoping I would slip back into sleep.  No go.  Winter wears me down in its own subtle way.

Over the past decade I have discovered exercise as a positive force in my daily life.  I'm not overzealous about it or subscribe to it as my new religion or anything like that.  I find that it clears my head of the cobwebs, relaxes me, and allows me to attain a quality of rest I don't get when I'm not on the exercise bandwagon.  I fall of that wagon every winter, a victim of the reality of our Canadian winters.  It's another way that winter wears on me.  I should have bought a health club membership for the winter but then I'd probably be stressed out because I could never get to the club to work out on a regular basis.

I've posted about the winter blues in the past and here I am again, like a broken record stuck in the same groove.  At least I'm no longer laying in bed stewing in my own juices of discontent.  Now I'm writing about them, spreading the misery around.  Ha ha ha.

Spring is around the corner along with a healthier outlook.......maybe I should have bought those snowshoes.  Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment