Sunday 13 February 2011

Snow Drifts & Dead Batteries

Another winter weekend.  It's getting blurry out here.  The week's are blending together, time is getting muddled again......I just realized the days are actually getting longer but I couldn't see the sun for all the blowing snow.

Delay yesterday because I had to throw a charger on the truck when I got to the yard....yes....the block heater was plugged in and there was power to it....no....the fridge was not left on & all the lights were off.  Must be gremlins, winter gremlins, invisible & sneaky winter gremlins.

So that delay made for a late arrival last night (early, early this morning actually) in White River and a later start this morning and that all means that when I arrived here in Dryden - which is still at least 4 hours from Winnipeg - in the early evening I'M TIRED!!  It's also snowing, the roads are crap, and there are a serious number of nervous Nellie type drivers out there right now.  My patience is gone.

So I had a meal and now I'm hitting the sack hoping that when I leave in the middle of the night the snow has stopped, the roads have been plowed, and all the ijits are at home in their beds.

I won't hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment