Sunday 21 March 2010

Red River Rising

Sort of like driving across a lake-water lapping at the right shoulder
Well it's that time again.  I arrived in Grand Forks, North Dakota around midday today stopping to grab just enough fuel to get me up to Winnipeg.  I was greeted by the high water on Interstate 29 just north of Grand Forks.  Not bad this year, from what I saw.  Because I came west across US Highway 2 through Minnesota I didn't get to see what things were like south of Grand Forks down towards Fargo.  For certain we are not facing the same situation as last year, at least not at this point and I certainly hope for the sake of all the good people living in this part of the world that this is as bad as it's going to get this year.
So we exit here, then what?

So these are just a few pics of what it looks like for 40 miles or so north of Grand Forks as you travel towards the Canadian border.  Things are pretty calm on the Canadian side but I guess the crest is headed that way.
It looks like the buildings are underwater but they are protected by a levee.

No comments:

Post a Comment