Tuesday 3 May 2011

Burned Out?

For the last couple of weeks I have been searching for something positive to write about. I don't seem to be having any luck finding a topic within the confines of the trucking industry that makes me feel all sunny inside. So I went back and took a look at some of my older posts. I was not surprised to find that the majority of them were about the difficult aspects of this work. The posts were not too bitchy but they weren't rosy either.
I can't help but feel that I'm always struggling along trying to catch up. So what's going on? After much reflection I think it's a case of just too many work hours in 1 week. Is that just something we have to accept in the trucking industry? Maybe it is. And coping with those work hours is the biggest challenge of the job.
I was listening to a podcast from the insight meditation center that really highlighted the importance our culture places on the work ethic. It is generally accepted that we are all equal and have the same opportunities. A better life is available to all and the only limiting factor is the effort we put into it. With that effort comes your ability to fulfill your wants. Fulfilling your wants is the path to happiness, at least that seems to be the general consensus in our culture.
So all you have to do is work hard to achieve happiness? If that's the case I should be in a state of rapture 24/7.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment