Tuesday 19 October 2010

Finding My Groove

Today was an excellent day.  One of those days that just hums along as it should.  Nothing unexpected, nothing stressful, nothing out of the ordinary.  I started with a run this morning under brilliant blue sky, no wind, a crisp temperature of 6C, and beautiful Fall colour still in the trees.  The last couple of months have been a grind in every aspect of my daily life.  Truck breakdowns, a cold that dragged on and on, long hours in the seat, longer than usual time away from home - if it wasn't for bad luck................you know how it goes.  Glad I'm climbing up and out of that valley.

I'm on holiday next week then I start on a new gig.  Something with a little routine to it.  I'll be doing regular weekly rounders up to Winnipeg and back.  A five day swing that will see me with a couple of days at home every week.  A first for me in the trucking business.  I've always done open board work and been away at least a couple of weeks at a time.  Often a lot longer than that.  I'm looking forward to the change and getting some routine into my life.  Lot's of positives to look forward to with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment