Wednesday 27 January 2016

January 26, 2016

Woke up expecting the worst this morning but my fears were allayed when I drew back the curtains. It was snowy but a full blown storm had not developed overnight. Good deal.

After pretripping the truck and crawling out of the truck stop I found the interstate mostly bare and wet, just a few sections east of Mauston with some remaining snowpack on which the road salt was still doing its work.

Today was one of the better drives around Chicago, no delays, caught it after the morning rush. Quick stop for lunch at the Michigan welcome Centre, across the border in minutes, at the yard by 21:00, home by 23:00. Perfect. Four days, 4,400 km.

Today was one of those trucking days I just get lost in my own thoughts. I have a lot of days like that, lol. Today it was thoughts about conservatism, the old vs the new. Maybe share those thoughts one day, but today's not the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment